Our amazing NEco el. engineers develop and test electronic products and systems for a wide range of projects, from small-scale (e.g. printers, drones, robots) to large-scale (e.g. electrical power systems). They operate in several disciplines, such as Power Engineering, Signal Processing, and Micro-electronics, based on their expertise.
You apply the principles of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism to develop electrical products and systems. You perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with safety standards and electrical engineering codes. You also conduct research to create new applications.
Job duties include:
- Designing and improving electrical products and systems
- Establishing manufacturing processes
- Evaluating systems’ safety, reliability, and performance
We are looking for an electrical engineer who will help us advance our electrical products, systems, and applications.
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing calculations to ensure our systems meet the global safety standards and collaborating with technicians and computer programmers to solve emerging issues. You’ll also research on manufacturing processes and analyze data and trends to create new products.
Ultimately, you will improve our company’s products and processes and contribute to its growth.
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy IT systems
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
- Provide technical and leadership excellence for the team. You will be capable of executing any level of test design to lead from the front.
- Develop innovative technologies for ultra-reliable testers, unit defect detection capabilities, and previously unimagined production rate scaling capabilities.
- Design of electrical architecture, power processing equipment, and acquisition systems.
- Designing hardware, sourcing components, developing schematics, managing layout, and testing prototypes to validate hardware.
- Write exotic software applications to bring fully automated test systems to life.
- Design next generation in-house embedded safety controllers using C, C++ or Rust.
- Have the ability to lead and make great critical decisions.
- PCB development.
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A degree in Electrical Engineering; MSc is a plus
- BSEE, MSEE.
Additional requirements good to have:
- 2+ years of experience designing best in class electrical PCBs and embedded products.
- Ability to lead projects and architect the overall system, working with mechanical, manufacturing, reliability, and software design teams.
- Deep understanding of electrical theory.
- Proficiency with design and process integration, and electromechanical / mechatronic systems.
- Significant simulation experience with SPICE and HIL.
- Experience in leading schematic entry and PCB layout using Altium. Strong depth in design for EMC, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Experience creating technical specifications.
- Proficient in C, C++ or Rust.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success.